It takes a lot to live up to the self-professed title of World's Best Father, but photographer Dave Engledow has taken to it like a kid in a candy shop. He has even gone as far as to document his success in the parenting field. Posing alongside his adorable two-year-old, he shows his audience exactly why he deserves this most cherished of titles. Or more like why he doesn't.
The World's Best Father photo series captures the DC-based dad as he hilariously interacts with his daughter, all the while drinking from his 'World's Best Father' mug. From ignoring her cries to read 'Twilight' to inappropriate arm wrestling matches, this dad is not necessarily an exemplary figure for men to follow. The comical scenes are meant to showcase the "dazed, sleep-deprived, oblivious" new father and "clueless dad," as stated by the photographer.
World's Best Father by Dave Engledow is Quite the Opposite
1. Hilarious Parenting - Opportunity to create comedic parenting content for social media and video sharing platforms.
2. Realistic Family Portrayals - Opportunity to create photo series showcasing the less-than-perfect moments of family life.
3. Anti-influencer Parenting - Opportunity to market parenting products and services to a demographic disenchanted with idealized parenting models.
1. Photography - Opportunity for photographers to specialize in realistic family portraits and humorous parenting content.
2. Social Media - Opportunity for social media and video sharing platforms to feature and promote comedic parenting content.
3. Parenting Products and Services - Opportunity for companies to market to a demographic disenchanted with idealized parenting models and focused on realistic depictions of family life.