Bold, beautiful and entirely retro, the Wonderland Magazine 'Dior' editorial highlights some traditional beauty looks with a twist. Classic Hollywood hair, which features glamorous full-body waves, is paired with equally classic red lips. The eyelids, however, take a modern turn that is louder and brighter. On the other hand, a teased 70s hairstyle is given a contemporary tweak by way of a frizzier finish.
Shot by photographer Damon Baker for the publication's March 2012 issue, the Wonderland Magazine Dior editorial exclusively uses Dior makeup products, as is suggested in the title. Starring the stunning Alys Hale, she channels her inner movie star for some truly glam looks. Makeup artist Maxine Leonard worked with her face while hairstylist James Rowe tamed her locks.
The Wonderland Magazine 'Dior' Editorial Stars Stunner Alys Hale
1. Retro Beauty Trends - There is an opportunity for cosmetics and beauty companies to innovate by combining classic beauty looks with modern twists.
2. Bold Makeup Looks - There is an opportunity for cosmetics and beauty companies to innovate by creating bright and loud makeup products.
3. Contemporary Hairstyles - There is an opportunity for hairstyling companies to innovate by creating modern and fresh takes on classic hairstyles.
1. Cosmetics and Beauty - Companies can take inspiration from the classic beauty looks in the editorial and offer innovative products that combine classic and modern trends.
2. Fashion and Photography - Fashion and photography industries can explore new ways to incorporate classic beauty trends in modern editorials.
3. Hairstyling - Hairstyling companies can draw inspiration from the editorial and create modern takes on classic hairstyles, with a focus on frizzier and more textured finishes.