Wikitribune, a nascent news platform led by Jimmy Wales (of Wikipedia,) promises to combat the reliability issue that many news media outlets are being skewered for of late. Though still undergoing its funding stage, the site promises to do everything in its power to to present only factual information with as little bias as possible.
In order to present fact-based information, Wikitribune will be structured such that any facts presented in its articles will have the source of that fact listed as well. This system should eliminate completely conjured facts, and if readers are dubious of the source then they are able to do research and decide for themselves.
In many news media outlets, especially online, bias emerges not necessarily because of the personal beliefs of the journalists but because of the increased views (and thus ad revenue) that biased articles receive. Wikitribune will be funded entirely by donations, meaning that journalists will have no motivation to write with a bias.
Wikitribune is a Nascent News Platform from the Founder of Wikipedia
1. Fact-based Journalism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a news platform that prioritizes fact-based reporting and eliminates biased articles.
2. Transparency in News Sources - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a system where news articles are accompanied by the source of each fact, promoting transparency and enabling readers to verify information.
3. Non-ad Revenue Models for News Platforms - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore alternative funding models like donations to support unbiased journalism and reduce the influence of ad revenue on news outlets.
1. News Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revolutionize the news media industry by creating platforms that prioritize accuracy, transparency, and non-biased reporting.
2. Journalism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transform the field of journalism by introducing innovative approaches and technologies that promote fact-based reporting and eliminate bias.
3. Online Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reinvent online media platforms by developing systems that prioritize unbiased reporting, promoting transparency, and prioritizing reliable news sources.