Why Cry is a new device that lets you know why your baby is crying. This is only 1 step away from an invention you may recognize from Homer Simpson's brother...
From the WhyCry Website:
The WhyCry® monitor is a baby cry analyser. The monitor listens to the baby's crying for 20 seconds then digitally analyses it before indicating why.
The device then illuminates one of five crying 'expressions' telling you whether the child is hungry, bored, tired, stressed or annoyed.
The WhyCry® analyser comes with a comprehensive user guide and a symptoms chart so that once the cry has been translated the chart can then give pointers as to how to rectify the situation.
1. Smart Baby Monitors - There is an opportunity to develop AI-enabled smart baby monitors that offer deeper insights into a baby’s needs beyond crying.
2. Wearable Technology for Babies - There is an opportunity for the development of wearable technology for babies that can monitor vital signs and give parents real-time data on their baby's well-being.
3. Voice Analysis in Healthcare - The technology behind Why Cry Monitors can be further developed to enable voice analysis in healthcare, addressing patient needs with accuracy and precision.
1. Baby Care Industry - Innovation in baby care products is an opportunity for manufacturers to develop products that improve the childcare experience
2. Healthcare Industry - Voice analysis technology can be used in healthcare, allowing medical practitioners to diagnose patients with greater precision and accuracy.
3. Wearable Technology Industry - The development of wearable technology can go beyond fitness tracking to include baby wearables that monitor vital signs and offer real-time data.