The White Mountaineering Fall/Winter 2011 runway presentation above featured a series of winter-ready menswear for hipsters, urban warriors and outdoorsmen alike.
While the runway presentation featured a few functional pieces meant to keep wearers warm in tough climates or during winter activities, there are also cut-off shorts, striped socks, knitted tunics and fingerless gloves that are more appropriate for cycling and hitting the local coffee shop.
The White Mountaineering Fall/Winter 2011 collection primarily features a palette of black, white and gray, but there's also a touch of brown and blue in isolated pieces. The models' rugged aesthetic -- which, in many cases, included fierce mustaches, long hair and scraggly whiskers -- only lends more credibility to the outdoorsy feel of the collection.
The White Mountaineering Fall/Winter 2011 Collection is Ready for Snow
1. Winter-ready Menswear - Opportunity for brands to create functional yet stylish clothing for winter activities.
2. Urban Outdoorsman Fashion - Space for innovative designs that bridge the gap between outdoor apparel and urban fashion.
3. Rugged Aesthetic - Potential for brands to tap into the trend of incorporating rugged and natural elements into their designs.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore new designs and styles that cater to the needs of urban outdoorsmen
2. Outdoor Apparel - Opportunity for outdoor apparel brands to create functional yet fashionable clothing for winter activities
3. Grooming Products - Grooming brands can cater to the trend of rugged aesthetic by creating products for facial hair care and styling.