Upon hearing the premier song off of Austin, Texas trio White Denim’s MySpace playlist called “Mirrored and Reverse,” I experienced a momentary blackout. Immediately the image of a bare-chested, raspy-voiced Jim Morrison belting out Riders of the Storm danced in my head.
White Denim’s new album “Fits” is an acid-rock, eclectic mix of genres that evokes legendary rock icons such as The Doors, but also brings to mind such popular, fresh and quirky acts as MGMT and ska-punk band The Johnstones.
'White Denim' "Fits" Is A Forray into Uncharted Musical Territories
1. Eclectic Genre Mixing - Exploring the blending of multiple musical genres to create unique and diverse music experiences.
2. Fresh and Quirky Acts - Embracing unconventional and unique music styles to cater to a younger and more adventurous audience.
3. Revival of Acid-rock - Reviving the psychedelic sounds of acid-rock and incorporating them into contemporary music for a nostalgic yet modern twist.
1. Music Production - Opportunity for music producers to experiment with genre mixing and create innovative and captivating sounds.
2. Event Management - Organizing music events that showcase eclectic genre mixing, providing a platform for emerging and unconventional artists.
3. Online Music Streaming - Curating platforms that promote and support fresh and quirky acts, catering to the demand for unique and alternative music experiences.