Designed in South Africa, WhereIsMyTransport inserts itself into the public transport market to help users save time and plan their journeys through its app. The mobility startup app is undergoing an extension round backed by Naspers and Japan's SBI to reach a global market.
WhereIsMyTransport provides a central source of data for public transport networks. It works by mapping formal and informal public transport networks. The data collected is then used to improve the public transport experience by making commuting safe and accessible. Moreover, some of this data is licensed to governments, DFIs, NGOs, operators, and third-party developers for research, analytics, and consumer insights. Currently, the company is working in 41 cities across 28 countries. The company also plans to launch a consumer product called Rumbo in Lima, Peru.
Image Credit: Tech Crunch / Shutterstock
WhereIsMyTransport Takes on New Investors to Expand Worldwide
1. Public-transport Data Mapping - Advancements in public transport data mapping technologies present opportunities for disruptive innovations that could improve commuting safety and accessibility.
2. Global Expansion of Mobility Solutions - The global expansion of mobility solutions presents an opportunity for disruptive innovations in the public transport market.
3. Consumer-facing Transport Planning Apps - The rise of consumer-facing transport planning apps presents opportunities for disruptive innovations in the public transport market.
1. Transportation - The transportation industry can leverage public-transport data mapping technologies to improve commuting safety and accessibility.
2. Mobile App Development - The rise of consumer-facing transport planning apps creates opportunities for disruptive innovations in the mobile app development industry.
3. Urban Planning - The global expansion of mobility solutions presents opportunities for disruptive innovations in the urban planning industry.