Heineken's latest commercial, 'No Compromises' features 2016 Formula One World Champion Nico Rosberg and is the latest addition to its ongoing 'When You Drive, Never Drink' initiative. The release is just one aspect of the beer giant's platform, meant to help people publicaly commit to staying alcohol-free when driving.
The clip features Rosberg preparing for an upcoming race, wherein he refuses to settle for even one pound over his goal weight. The driver also refuses to accept his team arriving one minute late for training and later refuses even one drink while driving.
The campaign targets the social pressures surrounding drinking and getting behind the wheel and seeks to drive real behavioral change among consumers. Heineken does this through a variety of reinforcements placed in bars and an online pledge that can be taken by those committed to remaining alcohol-free while driving. The campaign has previously featured Sir Jackie Stewart and was unveiled at this year's Canadian Grand Prix event in Montreal.
Heineken's Newest 'When You Drive, Never Drink' Ad Stars Nico Rosberg
1. Never Drink and Drive - Opportunities for companies to create more PSAs to promote the importance of never mixing alcohol and driving.
2. Behavioral Change Campaigns - Opportunities for companies to develop campaigns that drive real behavioral change among consumers, particularly with regards to drinking and driving.
3. Online Pledges - Opportunities for companies to create online pledges that incentivize people to remain alcohol-free while driving.
1. Alcohol Industry - The alcohol industry has the opportunity to take a proactive role in promoting the importance of responsible drinking through the development of impactful PSAs.
2. Automotive Industry - The automotive industry has the opportunity to partner with alcohol companies and organizations to reinforce the importance of safe and sober driving through the development of joint campaigns and educational initiatives.
3. Technology Industry - The technology industry has the opportunity to develop new apps and platforms that encourage responsible drinking and reduce instances of drunk driving.