Mad as a hatter provides a great description for the Walter Van Beirendonck Spring/Summer 2013 Collection. The Belgian designer Walter Van Beirendonck is known for his quirky, avant-garde designs and this collection is no different. Taking a trip down the rabbit hole isn't hard with these incredibly eclectic designs.
The collection displayed a variety of shorts, jackets, and jumpers in an eclectic color palette of pastel-hued suits to classic black and whites. Though the clothing pieces have simple silhouettes, each outfit is complemented with an array of accessorizes that add the edge of panache, which Van Beirendonck is known for. The statement-making accessories include extravagantly over-the-top hats to over-the elbow evening gloves. The striking collection is formal wear suited for a tea party with the Queen of Hearts.
The Walter Van Beirendonck Spring/Summer 2013 Line Journeys to Wonderland
1. Avant-garde Menswear - Designers can integrate quirky and eclectic designs into men's fashion for a disruptive innovation in formal wear.
2. Colorful Accessorizing - Creating striking statement pieces or accessories that add panache and boldness to simple silhouettes is an innovative way to update classic formal wear.
3. Fantastical Fashion - Incorporating aspects of fictional worlds, such as Wonderland, into fashion can lead to imaginative and creative designs that appeal to consumers.
1. Menswear Fashion - By embracing whimsy and bold colors in formal wear for men, designers can create a market for avant-garde menswear.
2. Luxury Fashion - Creating extravagant and imaginative accessories can add value and luxuriousness to high-end fashion brands.
3. Costume Design - Taking inspiration from fictional worlds can lead to innovative costume designs, suitable for theatre productions or cosplay events.