Walmart and Gap have once again joined forces to launch a new furniture collection. The brands first worked together in June 2021 to launch an exclusive home line, called Gap Home, that included a capsule collection of bedding styles at select Walmart stores.
The new collaboration between Walmart and Gap includes furniture, décor, tabletops, bedding and bath offerings. Gap Home Furniture, which will be priced from $49.88 – $629, will consist of more than 150 furniture items that boast "contemporary styles with Scandinavian, midcentury, and even modern nods."
The exclusive Walmart and Gap collaboration speaks the increased "nesting trend" as consumers continue to spend more time in their homes and focus on creating comfortable and stylish spaces.
Image Credit: Walmart, Gap
Walmart and Gap Recently Partnered on a New Furniture Line
1. Co-branded Furniture Collections - Co-branded furniture collections between retailers and lifestyle brands create opportunities for new product lines that cater to contemporary styles.
2. Nesting Trend - The increasing nesting trend prompts the creation of stylish and comfortable furniture that can be marketed towards consumers who are staying in their homes more.
3. Exclusive Home Lines - Collaborations between retailers and lifestyle brands to create exclusive home lines allow for differentiating products that can cater to niche markets.
1. Retail - Retailers can take advantage of co-branded furniture collections and collaborations with lifestyle brands to boost sales and create new, exclusive product offerings.
2. Furniture - The furniture industry can benefit from partnering with lifestyle brands to design and manufacture contemporary styles that cater to shifting consumer preferences.
3. Lifestyle Brands - Lifestyle brands can expand their product portfolios by collaborating with retailers to create exclusive home and furniture lines, allowing for greater brand visibility and reaching new markets.