Clarks Originals launches another design iteration of the Wallabee shoe for the warmer seasons ahead of us. The limited-edition model is designed with inspiration from past eras. Specifically, the brand celebrates the 90s and the strong hip-hop culture of the time. The shoes nod to the outfits worn by icons such as Biggie, MF Doom, Wu-Tang Clan, and much more of the time.
The American rap scene was thriving during the 90s and the brand celebrates the contrasting pattern. It has a split contrast look throughout the upper. The palette blends together blue and green colors overlapping one another for paneling aesthetics. All of this sits on top of the archetypal crepe rubber sole unit foundation and it is rounded out by the brand hangtags.
Image Credit: Clarks Originals
Clarks Originals Draws Retro Inspirations for the Latest Wallabee
1. 90s-inspired Footwear - Opportunities for creating limited edition shoes that celebrate past eras, particularly those with a strong cultural impact such as the 90s.
2. Split-contrast Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities for incorporating split contrast pattern designs in footwear that nod to specific cultural movements.
3. Paneling Aesthetics - Opportunities for using paneling aesthetics in footwear design for a retro yet modern look.
1. Footwear Industry - The footwear industry can take advantage of designing limited-edition shoes that incorporate iconic cultural trends, particularly from past eras such as the 90s.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can use split-contrast designs in clothing and accessories to celebrate specific cultural movements and iconic eras such as the 90s.
3. Hip-hop Culture Industry - Hip-hop culture industry can leverage paneling aesthetics in clothing and footwear designs to nod to iconic 90s cultural movements.