You won't have seen anything like the Wall to Wall Carpeting album packaging in your local record shop. Where you've probably picked up a CD in a plastic case or a folded card wrapping, you'll be interested to see how Bend Design has developed a unique and eco-friendly solution to selling and storing compact discs.
For the record company Orila, Bend began with a rectangular cork board with dimensions sufficient to enable its division into six squared backings that can accommodate one CD each. Before they're cut, they're printed with album artwork of a roughly hatched underground river so that each set completes the picture when half a dozen are arranged together. Wall to Wall Carpeting album packaging perfectly protects the disks and is complete with a clear plastic sleeve.
Wall to Wall Carpeting Album Packaging Comprises Creative Materiality
1. Eco-friendly Album Packaging - Develop creative and eco-friendly solutions to selling and storing albums using sustainable materials such as cork, that protect disks and can be customized with album artwork.
2. Custom Album Artwork - Use new materials and packaging techniques such as cork boards to produce customized album artwork that completes a larger image when multiple packaging units are arranged together.
3. Alternative CD Packaging - Explore unique design solutions for CD packaging using unconventional materials like cork and novel shapes to differentiate products in a crowded market.
1. Music Industry - Incorporate sustainable and customizable packaging solutions such as eco-friendly cork jewel cases to delight customers and differentiate from competitors.
2. Retail Industry - Offer unique and sustainable packaging solutions to customers, such as cork boards for album artwork and CD storage, that can be reused or recycled for other purposes.
3. Sustainable Packaging Industry - Drive innovation and collaboration to create alternative CD packaging solutions using environmentally friendly materials such as cork that offer novel designs and shapes and reduce waste.