Wal-Mart continues to focus on ensuring that their brand is recognized as fashionable and decided to launch an ad campaign in May's Vogue. Wal-Mart wanted to focus on 'real women', but one of the women pictured in their ads is Kristina Deignan, who was Mrs. Virginia in 2003 and the first runner up at the Mrs. USA pageant. Hmmm. The models were also encouraged to bring in some of their favorite pieces from their wardrobe to the shoot.
1. Fashion-brand Collaboration - Opportunity for brands to partner with fashion publications to reach a wider audience and enhance their brand image.
2. Body Positivity Marketing - Opportunity for brands to showcase diversity and inclusivity by featuring 'real' women in their advertising campaigns.
3. Influencer Brand Partnerships - Opportunity for brands to collaborate with influencers and leverage their wardrobe to promote products.
1. Retail - Retailers can explore collaborations with fashion publications and influencers to enhance their brand image and reach more customers.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can embrace body positivity marketing to represent a diverse range of models in their campaigns.
3. Advertising - Advertising agencies can assist brands in creating impactful and inclusive campaigns that resonate with consumers' values.