Channelling her inner flapper, model Karlie Kloss stars alongside ballet dancer Justin Peck in the Vogue Australia May 2013 issue. Inspired by the soon-to-hit theaters 'The Great Gatsby,' she is clad in dazzling 20s-inspired frocks that would make any girl shimmy. It appears that Kloss likes to show off her footwork as she just displayed some of her moves in Vogue Paris earlier this year.
The Vogue Australia May 2013 cover shoot was lensed by talented photographer Arthur Elgort. Shot in studio with a bright spotlight, the looks have been modernized slightly with a wet hair style and a somewhat natural makeup look. The editorial was outfitted by stylist duo Shala Monroque and Catherine Baba.
The Vogue Australia May 2013 Photoshoot Stars Karlie Kloss
1. Flapper-inspired Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a line of modern flapper-inspired clothing and accessories that combine the elegance of the 1920s with contemporary design elements.
2. Dance-inspired Editorials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with professional dancers and models to produce fashion editorials that showcase the beauty and fluidity of dance.
3. Modernized Retro Styling - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a beauty and styling service that offers modern takes on iconic retro looks, catering to customers looking for a nostalgic yet contemporary aesthetic.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Use sustainable and innovative materials to create flapper-inspired clothing lines that appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new lighting techniques and digital editing tools to capture the essence of dance in high-fashion editorials.
3. Beauty and Styling Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce virtual reality technology to beauty and styling services to allow customers to virtually try on and experiment with different retro-inspired looks before committing to a final style.