These screwy stools, called Vitae Stools, are the products of Italian design company Riva 1920.
Mimicking the shape and form of screws, these charming seats are crafted of American walnut wood or scented Lebanon cedarwood. The designers, as described on their website, strive to create natural-looking home furnishings that are "suffused with the scents of wood, oils and wax." They only use wood from sustainable forests and wood suppliers that have been accredited by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Natural finishes are also used to create their pieces.
Further, as the name "Vitae Stools" suggests, these pieces allude to existence and the circle of life, which goes hand in hand with Riva 1920's dedication to sustainable production practices.
The Vitae Stools by Riva 1920 Give Furnishings a Fun Twist
1. Sustainable Furnishings - Creating home furnishings from sustainable materials and using eco-friendly production practices.
2. Wooden Furniture - Designing furniture pieces made entirely from wood, emphasizing natural finishes and scents.
3. Innovative Seat Designs - Developing unique and playful seat designs that mimic everyday objects like screws.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunity for furniture manufacturers to incorporate sustainable materials and eco-friendly production practices to meet consumer demand for environmentally friendly products.
2. Interior Design - Creating innovative and eye-catching wooden furniture pieces with natural finishes to offer distinctive options to clients looking for unique and sustainable home furnishings.
3. Product Design - Exploring disruptive seat designs that incorporate unconventional shapes and materials, appealing to consumers seeking unconventional and visually striking furniture pieces.