Villanueva and Stone is a photography based in Southern California with a penchant for editorials elegant editorials that blend upscale luxury with unvarnished sex appeal. They met as Joe Villanueva and Katie Stone in 2004 while at college when they began taking the same Italian class and started a personal relationship soon after that.
The genesis of Villanueva and Stone as a photography duo started when Joe Villanueva began helping Kate out with her fashion/photography/creativity blog Stone & Cloth by taking pictures with his iPhone. "The quality of the pictures became frustrating to us and after about a month, we decided to buy a professional camera to further the quality of the blog," Joe Villanueva said. "We then started taking turns shooting each other and it became an obsession."
Their obsession has led to the discovery of a series talent -- Villanueva and Stone are deft photographers, skilled at bringing out an organic sex appeal in their models without resorting to crass photography. The photographs in this Villanueva and Stone editorial 'Reborn' marries a 1940s Hollywood pin-up aesthetic with vintage cool. Their 19-year-old model Kayslee Collins, is an aspiring singer/songwriter and she displays an otherworldly talent for sensuality in this editorial. Do not be surprised if you start to hear and see more of her, she's a memorable face and a very capable model.
Implications - A company seeking to rapidly increase their brand awareness would be wise to invest in sexually charged advertising. By eschewing the conventions which handcuff traditional marketers, the company shows a commitment to thinking outside of the box. The ads will also draw attention from consumers, critic's of the ads sexual content, and a controversy hungry media. Three key components in raising brand awareness.
Villanueva and Stone Capture Throwback Glamor in Their 'Reborn' Shoot
1. Sexually Charged Advertising - Investing in sexually charged advertising can rapidly increase brand awareness by breaking traditional marketing norms and generating attention.
2. Thinking Outside the Box - Companies that think outside the box and eschew conventions can stand out and attract attention from consumers, critics, and the media, thereby raising brand awareness.
3. Controversy-driven Marketing - Using controversial content can draw attention, spark discussions, and generate media coverage, all of which contribute to increasing brand awareness.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage sexually charged advertising and thinking outside the box to create bold and attention-grabbing campaigns that enhance brand awareness.
2. Advertising - In the advertising industry, there are disruptive innovation opportunities in embracing controversy-driven marketing strategies that challenge traditional norms and captivate audiences.
3. Media and Entertainment - The media and entertainment industry can explore sexually charged advertising and controversial content to generate buzz, create debates, and amplify brand awareness.