As far as designer footwear is concerned what we see on the runway rarely appears in stores. Such is the case with the Viktor and Rolf Spring/Summer 2010 shoes.
The sky-high floral boots and studded, mesh-covered pumps have been transformed into ruffly, floral sandals and mesh peep-toe booties and boots. The two-toned zipper bootie we coveted has been turned into a feminine wedge sandal. As much as I like the collection, I can’t help but wish that more of what we saw on the runway would be available to us come Spring.
Watered Down Retail Versions of Viktor and Rolf S/S 2010 Shoes
1. Designer Footwear - Opportunity for designers to create runway-inspired footwear that is readily available in stores.
2. Transformation of Runway Designs - Opportunity to adapt high-fashion runway designs into more accessible and wearable retail versions.
3. Feminine Wedge Sandals - Opportunity to create trendy wedge sandals with feminine design elements.
1. Fashion Design - Opportunity for fashion designers to bridge the gap between runway styles and retail offerings.
2. Footwear Manufacturing - Opportunity to produce and distribute fashionable footwear that incorporates elements from high-fashion runways.
3. Retail Fashion - Opportunity for retailers to carry trend-setting footwear, providing customers with runway-inspired options.