High-protein yogurts have surged in popularity as of late as consumers seek out snacks with a more satiating profile, so the Versilk enzyme has been unveiled by DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences in a bid to make them taste even better.
The enzyme is intended to be added into yogurt and will enable both dairy and plant-based products to achieve a 14% protein level, which is reported to be a 30% increase over what is presently common in the market. The enzyme is also said to increase the level of desirable viscosity and mouthfeel, while also not adding an off-flavors to the product for a clean taste.
Global Product Manager, Dairy Enzymes, DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences Clementina Dellomonaco spoke on the new Versilk enzyme saying, "Versilk is the latest in our suite of solutions comprising enzymes, cultures, proteins and functional solutions. Together with our leading industry expertise, we can help manufacturers respond to market trends and deliver healthy and indulgent yogurt products to meet consumer demand.”
DuPont Has Unveiled the New Versilk Enzyme for High-Protein Yogurts
1. High-protein Yogurts - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new flavors and packaging options for high-protein yogurts to cater to the growing consumer demand.
2. Enzyme Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of enzymes in various food products beyond yogurt to enhance taste, texture, and nutritional profiles.
3. Clean Taste - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop clean-label ingredients and processing methods to provide consumers with yogurt products that have no off-flavors and unwanted additives.
1. Dairy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative dairy products using high-protein yogurts, such as protein-fortified ice creams or yogurts with unique flavors.
2. Food Enzymes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop novel enzyme-based solutions for various food applications, including bakery, beverages, and meat products.
3. Plant-based Foods - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Optimize enzyme technology for plant-based yogurts to improve protein levels, texture, and overall taste for vegan and health-conscious consumers.