Carnivores are being told they need not apply to a housing project in Mumbai. Even their high offers cannot change the situation. Apartments can enforce Catholic-only or Hindu-only buildings so vegetarians felt they should also be able to enforce their rights. (GUSH Magazine)
Implications - The spread of alternative food lifestyles such as vegetarianism and veganism are becoming much more popular in society. This Mumbai vegetarian buildings signal towards the rapid growth of this target market. Businesses that tap into this demographic will be sure to find plenty of new consumers eager to purchase animal-friendly products. Being vegetarian and vegan are now lifestyle choices that are widely accepted and enabled.
1. Vegetarian-only Spaces - The creation of vegetarian-only spaces, such as housing projects or communities, is a growing trend that offers opportunities for businesses to tap into a niche market.
2. Alternative Food Lifestyles - The increasing popularity of alternative food lifestyles, such as vegetarianism and veganism, indicates a growing market for animal-friendly products and services.
3. Rights-based Consumerism - The emergence of population groups demanding exclusive rights to certain goods or services based on lifestyle choices opens up opportunities for businesses to cater to niche consumer groups.
1. Plant-based Food - The demand for plant-based food and ingredients is on the rise, presenting opportunities for businesses to meet the needs of a growing vegetarian and vegan population.
2. Real Estate - The creation of vegetarian-only housing projects indicates a potential shift in the real estate market towards catering to niche lifestyle choices, presenting opportunities for innovative developers.
3. Eco-friendly Products - The growth of vegetarian and vegan lifestyles has created a market for eco-friendly products, such as plant-based cleaning agents and personal care products, that align with this demographic's animal-friendly values.