Electrolux an appliance manufacturer unveiled its vacuum shoe concept model; it features a thick and ugly sole designed to clean dirt as you hobble around. According to t3 â€œThey're still at the concept stage, but if the company's executives have any sense at all they'll push them into production faster than you can say â€œextendible toe nozzle.â€â€
Implications - Clothing choices are increasingly going beyond fashion, design and comfort. Instead, attire is made to have a specific function -- whether it be for cleaning, gaming, transportation or exercising. Other industries can incorporate dual (or triple) functions into their products, which will signify commodity superiority for many consumers, as they feel they are getting more bang for their buck.
Clean as You Walk
1. Multipurpose Attire - Opportunity for industries to create clothing with dual or triple functions, providing consumers with more value for their money.
2. Functional Fashion - Growing demand for clothing that serves a specific function, such as cleaning, gaming, transportation, or exercising.
3. Innovative Footwear - Potential for shoe manufacturers to create footwear with built-in cleaning capabilities, offering convenience and efficiency to customers.
1. Appliance Manufacturing - Explore the integration of multiple functions into household appliances, combining convenience and efficiency for consumers.
2. Fashion and Clothing - Develop clothing items that serve distinct purposes, appealing to consumers seeking practicality and functionality in their attire.
3. Shoe Manufacturing - Incorporate innovative features in footwear, such as cleaning mechanisms, to provide added convenience and value to customers.