The 'Biome' urban planter concept is the design work of Kush Dave and identifies how a stronger effort can be placed on getting citizens involved with the space around them. The 'Biome' works by incorporating a series of plant pods that are kept in place via magnetic levitation that will glow red when watering is required, which can be activated by nearby users through an accompanying app. This triggers the pod to float to a nearby water source to be hydrated, which in turn rewards the user for taking part in keeping the greenery cared for.
The 'Biome' urban planter identifies how urban locations can augment public spaces to be cared for by citizens by incorporating connected solutions that also boast small perks.
The 'Biome' Urban Planter Can be Interacted with via an App
1. Community Engagement - The 'Biome' urban planter encourages citizens to actively participate in taking care of public spaces.
2. Smart Planters - The 'Biome' uses magnetic levitation and an accompanying app to create an interactive and responsive planter experience.
3. Connected Greenery - The 'Biome' demonstrates the potential of connected solutions in maintaining and enhancing urban green spaces.
1. Smart Home Technology - The 'Biome' showcases the integration of smart technology in home gardening.
2. Smart Cities - The 'Biome' offers insights into how technology can be incorporated into urban planning and design.
3. Sustainable Living - The 'Biome' aligns with the trend of sustainable living by promoting engagement with nature in urban environments.