While bees are fighting for their existence, scientists, artists and more are trying to do their part to make the fight easier; the Urban Beehive by Rowan Dunford, a designer based in Auckland, New Zealand, is one of the latest creations to help propagate the bee population.
As its name suggests, the Urban Beehive by Rowan Dunford is a modernized version of the basic apiaries existing today. Aesthetically pleasing with bright colors and a cleaner silhouette, Dunford hopes to dispel the fear surrounding these insects while encouraging the average person to start up their own colony. Made with the beginner in mind, it reduces the cost and complexity often surrounding such endeavors.
More than that, the Urban Beehive by Rowan Dunford is easy to assemble and is shipped flatpacked for environmental reasons.
The Urban Beehive by Rowan Dunford is Made for Beginners
1. Sustainable Apiaries - Opportunities for creating modernized, sustainable apiaries for beginner beekeepers.
2. Urban Beekeeping - Opportunities for designing and developing products for urban beekeeping enthusiasts.
3. Bee Conservation - Opportunities for innovative designs aimed at the conservation of bees and their habitats.
1. Agriculture - Opportunities for developing sustainable apiaries and creating efficient beekeeping techniques.
2. Design - Opportunities for developing creative and sustainable designs for modern apiaries and beekeeping equipment.
3. Environmental Conservation - Opportunities for designing innovative solutions to protect bees and their habitats.