Miu Miu, a women's luxury clothing brand, teamed up with Levi's, the popular jean brand, for its latest collection of upcycled denim. The chic collection features hand-embroidered designs and glamorous embellishments over vintage denim pieces from Levi's capsules between the years 1970 and 1980. Following sustainability trends in fashion, the project embraces upcycling as a form of elevating fashion from the past.
Miu Miu's upcycled denim collection features puff sleeves on the denim jacket, floral-patterned patches, and an assortment of pearls and beadery studding both exteriors. The exclusive collection is modeled by Lila Moss and Georgia Palmer. Upon release in mid-May, the limited-edition upcycled denim collection will be available on Miu Miu's website and at its stores as well as at LA's Dover Street Market.
Image Credit: Vogue, The Times, Wall Street Journal
Miu Miu Joined with Levi's for its Latest Line of Embroidered Denim
1. Upcycling Fashion - The trend of upcycling clothing for sustainable fashion practices is on the rise and could present an opportunity for businesses to create collaborative, limited-edition collections with a focus on sustainability.
2. Vintage Revival - The trend of incorporating vintage elements in modern designs is gaining popularity, and businesses can explore the possibility of using vintage pieces to create new collections, or upcycle them into new and trendy fashion items.
3. Luxury Upcycling - There is an emerging trend of luxury brands collaborating with more affordable brands to produce limited-edition upcycled collections, creating a more sustainable luxury fashion market.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry could explore the opportunity of upcycling vintage pieces and collaborating with luxury and affordable brands to provide sustainable fashion options to consumers.
2. Sustainability - The sustainability industry can take advantage of the upcycling trend in fashion to promote sustainable practices in the industry and encourage a circular economy.
3. Retail - Retailers could benefit from the trend of upcycling by introducing upcycled collections to their stores, creating a unique selling point for their brand and appealing to consumers interested in sustainable fashion options.