The new Universal Works Spring/Summer 2018 collection draws influence from Africa and Cornwall. The British fashion label incorporates African influence through its pattern prints, and the Cornish influence is translated through the use of colors. The lightweight collection offers transitional pieces to ease into the warmer spring weather.
The Universal Works Spring/Summer 2018 series features silhouettes such as double pleated trousers, button up shirts, blazers, hats and baker jackets. The main element of the capsule is the heavy use of prints and patterns, inspired by traditional African prints. It accents pieces such as shirts, shorts, and bucket hats. The Cornish inspired color palette offers muted tones but some standout colors such as blue, beige, and pink. The entire Spring/Summer 2018 capsule is available of the Universal Works website.
Image Credit: Universal Works
Universal Works Spring/Summer 2018 is Inspired by Africa & Cornwall
1. African-inspired Prints - Fashion brands can explore incorporating traditional African prints into their collections to add unique and cultural elements.
2. Cornish Color Palette - Designers can experiment with using muted tones and standout colors like blue, beige, and pink inspired by Cornish landscapes.
3. Transitional Lightweight Pieces - There is an opportunity for brands to offer versatile and lightweight clothing options for transitioning between seasons.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can leverage African prints and Cornish-inspired colors to create innovative and culturally diverse collections.
2. Textiles - Textile manufacturers can develop fabrics that mimic traditional African prints to meet the demand for culturally influenced designs.
3. Online Retail - E-commerce platforms can provide a platform for designers like Universal Works to showcase and sell their Spring/Summer 2018 collection.