Developed at the University of Michigan, The UMSkinCheck App is an ingenious way to monitor your skin.
Available for use on iPhones and iPads, this app works by reminding users to do a self-examination. Furthermore, the add-on provides photos to guide the examination and what to look out for. Incredibly easy to use and less invasive than a trip to the doctor, this is a good example of the ways in which technology can improve the lives of people. Though not as dependable as an in-person appointment with a dermatologist, this is a good way to keep prevention on the minds of those who may otherwise forego preventative screening measures.
User-friendly -- and also free -- this is a fantastic way to prevent diseases from going undetected.
The 'UMSkinCheck' App Can be a Lifesaver
1. Skin Monitoring Apps - The UMSkinCheck App is an example of how skin monitoring apps can enhance preventative screening measures.
2. Self-examination Reminders - The UMSkinCheck App demonstrates the potential of self-examination reminders to encourage proactive healthcare.
3. Adoption of Mobile Health Technology - The availability and user-friendliness of the UMSkinCheck App highlights the growing adoption of mobile health technology.
1. Healthcare Technology - The UMSkinCheck App showcases the potential for technology to revolutionize healthcare by facilitating disease detection.
2. Mobile App Development - The development and success of the UMSkinCheck App highlights the opportunities in mobile app development for healthcare applications.
3. Dermatology Services - The UMSkinCheck App presents an opportunity for dermatology services to integrate mobile solutions for skin monitoring and early disease detection.