Roku has recently announced that it will bring its TV licensing program into a number of different European countries. The company made the announcement at the IFA show in Berlin. Roku will partner with Hisense, and it will also give permission to different European companies to use the Roku OS in smart TVs.
The expansion of its TV licensing will allow the company to access new markets. In the United States, Roku is involved in over one-third of smart TV sales, either through hardware or the Roku OS. Roku allowing its OS to be used in European TV production will extend the company's reach significantly. However the Roku CEO, Anthony Wood, believes that European companies will also benefit. While consumers love Roku TV’s simplicity and advance features, TV manufacturers benefit from the low manufacturing cost, a variety of technology options, and support from Roku,”
Image Credit: Roku
Roku Has Announced That It Will Extend Its TV Licensing into Europe
1. Expansion of TV Licensing - Opportunity for Roku to access new markets and extend its reach significantly.
2. Partnerships with European Companies - Roku's collaboration with European companies allows them to benefit from Roku TV's simplicity and advanced features.
3. Growth of Smart TV Sales - As Roku expands its TV licensing program, the smart TV sales market is expected to continue growing.
1. Smart TV Manufacturing - Manufacturers can benefit from the low manufacturing cost, variety of technology options, and support from Roku.
2. Streaming Media Services - The expansion of Roku's TV licensing program opens up new opportunities for streaming media services in Europe.
3. Consumer Electronics Retail - As the smart TV market grows, consumer electronics retailers can capitalize on the increasing demand for Roku TVs.