Since recycling is on everyone's mind, the designers at Reestore have been turning what some would consider "no longer of any use" into fully-functioning household furniture. The ideas Reestore have come up with are fresh, unique, and stylish where recycled items can often "look" recycled and not so much like an awesome decor accessory. So in helping give back to the environment a new life is born of items we might no longer have a use for and carelessly discard.
The photos are a unique living room table/lamp made from a recycled washing machine tub, a fantastic sofa made from an old claw-foot bathtub, a salvaged divan made from an old car bumper, and a teenagers dream chair made from an old shopping cart.
1. Recycled Furniture - Opportunity for designers to create fresh, unique and stylish furniture pieces using recycled materials.
2. Upcycling - Growing trend of repurposing old objects into functional and aesthetically pleasing decor accessories.
3. Environmentally-friendly Design - Increasing demand for furniture and household items that contribute to sustainability and reduce waste.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Innovative furniture makers can seize the opportunity to create unique and eco-friendly designs using recycled materials.
2. Home Decor - Home decor retailers can tap into the upcycling trend by offering stylish and sustainable furniture options.
3. Waste Management - Companies specializing in waste management can explore collaborations with designers to repurpose discarded items into functional products.