The TrueSmart+ is a second-generation smartwatch that is brought to you by Omate. This particular smartwatch is a new and improved follow-up to the TrueSmart smartwatch that brought in over a million dollars of crowdfunding money on Kickstarter a couple of years ago.
Like its predecessor, the TrueSmart+ is designed to enable wearers to make phone calls, receive phone calls and browse the Internet without having to be tethered to a smartphone. This is made possible by the smartwatch's ability to use a SIM card.
The watch also comes equipped with Bluetooth and GPS, allowing users to wirelessly stream music or enjoy turn-by-turn navigation and direction assistance.
As smartwatches grow in popularity, new product offerings will need to offer unique features to stand out, and the TrueSmart+ certainly has that in its locker.
The TrueSmart+ Operates On a Full Android Lollipop System
1. Standalone Smartwatches - The TrueSmart+ demonstrates a potential shift towards more standalone smartwatches, as users look for a device that can do more without being tethered to a smartphone.
2. Sim-enabled Wearables - Smartwatches with SIM card capabilities, like the TrueSmart+, show potential for disrupting the traditional smartphone ecosystem as users look for more independence in their wearable technology.
3. Dual-purpose Smartwatches - With the TrueSmart+ offering the ability to make phone calls, receive phone calls, browse the internet, and use GPS, there is an opportunity to create more dual-purpose smartwatches that replace traditional smartphones.
1. Wearable Technology - Companies that specialize in wearable technology, like Omate, have a unique opportunity to create innovative products that challenge the traditional smartphone industry.
2. Telecommunications - Telecommunications companies could explore partnerships with wearable technology companies and invest in products like the TrueSmart+ and create new opportunities in the market.
3. Music Streaming - Wearable technology companies could potentially partner with music streaming services, using Bluetooth capabilities to allow for wireless streaming from standalone smartwatches like the TrueSmart+.