While Detroit snoozes, Toyota is making sure you're not snoozin' while behind the wheel.
In May, in Japan, the Crown Hybrid will be introduced with a Pre-crash Safety System. A camera at the front of the car will monitor the drivers upper and lower eyelids to determine if the eyes are properly open. If they are not, there is no indication what happens inside the car. I'm guessing a tug-boat horn.
Implications - Either way, car sense alertness is a really cool concept that would likely save many accidents and even lives. Leave it up to Toyota to be on the cutting edge of safety!
Toyota Concept Knows If Your Eyes Are Open
1. Carsensetechnology - The development of cars that can monitor and evaluate the driver's alertness level is a significant advancement in car safety technology.
2. Pre-crash Safety - Pre-crash safety technology that senses driver drowsiness can alert the driver and prevent accidents.
3. Driver Monitoring - Driver monitoring technology can help prevent accidents and fatalities by detecting drowsy or distracted driving behavior.
1. Automotive - Automakers can leverage this technology to differentiate themselves in the market and improve their safety image.
2. Insurance - Insurance companies can use this technology to lower rates for drivers who use vehicles equipped with advanced safety features.
3. Healthcare - Developments in driver monitoring technology can be applied to healthcare by detecting and preventing drowsy driving among patients with sleep disorders or medication side effects.