The Tips for Tipping infographic is the perfect tool for anyone who has ever been out for dinner or at the hair salon and is unsure as to whether or not to tip for their services and how much. This infographic features three easy-to-follow columns categorizing when you should always tip, when you should sometimes tip and what you should do on those special holidays.
According to the Tips for Tipping infographic, tipping is mandatory when out for dinner or drinks, after getting you hair or nails done, after getting a massage, after a trip to the animal groomers and after a bellhop carried your luggage for you. Tipping is only sometimes mandatory in situations such as public transit and movers. The Tips for Tipping infographic also indicates that individuals should be digging deeper into their pockets on holidays.
Implications - Businesses that offer their consumers useful and practical information that is presented in a simple and easy-to-follow manner will appeal to a wide audience. Consumers are often hesitant to ask questions pertaining to issues that are understood to be common knowledge. Businesses that provide accessible solutions will likely benefit in many ways.
The Tips for Tipping Infographic Offers Helpful Pointers
1. Digital Etiquette Infographics - Creating digital etiquette infographics will provide consumers with the information they need in a visually appealing way.
2. Personalized Tipping Guides - Developing personalized tipping guides based on individual experiences will increase consumer trust and loyalty.
3. Etiquette Training Services - Offering etiquette training services for businesses and individuals will provide a valuable and unique service in a niche market.
1. Hospitality - Hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality businesses can create their own customized tipping guides to ensure their customers are informed and satisfied.
2. Service Industry - Service-based businesses such as hairdressers, spas, and animal groomers can provide digital etiquette infographics to educate their customers on tipping best practices.
3. Education and Training - Professional etiquette trainers can offer their expertise to individuals and businesses seeking to improve their etiquette practices and customer service interactions.