Not long ago, Tiffany & Co. set itself apart from other luxury brands by creating a Tiffany Snapchat account. Many luxury brands are often slow to make the most of emerging social media platforms, especially since ones like Snapchat are not generally used by their target audience. However, Tiffany & Co. reportedly invested over $700K in its newest geofilter campaign on Snapchat, which is sure to resonate with many young female users of the platform—it's reported that more than half of the users on Snapchat are between the ages of 18 and 30, which is also the most active age group when it comes to online shopping.
The Tiffany’s #LoveNotLike geofilter features the iconic brand color, as well as the luxury jeweler's logo and text that reads: "Return to Tiffany Love" just above a heart.
The Tiffany Snapchat Account Appeals to Young Consumers
1. Luxury Brand Social Media - With the success of Tiffany's Snapchat geofilter campaign, luxury brands have the opportunity to invest in emerging social media platforms to reach young consumers.
2. Geofilter Marketing - Tiffany's investment in a geofilter campaign on Snapchat shows the potential for other brands to creatively and effectively target specific user groups through location-based marketing.
3. Young Consumer Appeal - Tiffany's use of Snapchat's platform, which is primarily used by young consumers, highlights the value of targeting this age group for luxury purchases.
1. Luxury Jewelry - The success of Tiffany's Snapchat geofilter campaign offers opportunities for other luxury jewelry brands to reach young consumers through emerging social media platforms.
2. Social Media Platforms - As luxury brands like Tiffany invest in geofilters and other marketing tactics on emerging social media platforms, the potential for disruption and innovation in this industry is high.
3. Mobile Advertising - The effectiveness of Snapchat geofilter campaigns for luxury brands like Tiffany could lead to increased investment in mobile advertising and targeting specific user groups based on location data.