German sportswear label PUMA releases two new tonal iterations of its iconic Thunder Electric silhouette. Following the success of its first Thunder line, the Thunder Electric is designed to 'reflect the electrifying power of lightning,' as explained by the brand. The new colorways have exaggerated tooling emphasized in their silhouette, boasting a chunky and athletic shape. The tonal choices draw inspiration from the 90s and are infused with sports components to offer a fashion-forward visual.
The new PUMA Thunder Electric shoes have a midsole constructed from a molded TPU and it rests beneath uppers made from premium mesh and nubuck materials. Additionally, there is a black PUMA formstrip swooping across the shoe as a branding accent. The sneakers are priced at $120 USD a pair and will be dropping on June 21st.
PUMA Revives the Thunder Electric Shoes in New Colorways
1. Chunky Sneaker Revival - There is an opportunity for sneaker brands to revive vintage chunky designs, inspired by 90s fashion trends.
2. Athletic Silhouette - Opportunity for companies to emphasize chunky and athletic shape in their designs while incorporating the latest tech materials.
3. Tonal Colorways - Opportunity for brands to experiment with monochromatic and tonal colorways to create a fashion-forward visual palette.
1. Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion brands to create new lines of vintage style chunky sneakers to meet the demands of the emerging fashion trends.
2. Sports - Companies in the sports industry looking to create stylish performance footwear to meet demands for fashionable and functional sneakers.
3. Technology - Innovative companies in technology industry can potentially collaborate to create a new line of performance-driven stable and durable sneakers.