The Thomas Heatherwick Spun Chair is quite the seating arrangement. Inspired by the classic kids spinning top toy, these seats actually spin like a top, making seating an interactive and fun game.
The seating is being produced for the London gallery and will be on display for people to test out. The Thomas Heatherwick Spun Chair would be quite the experience to test out, but I'm wondering if it would be like one of those teacup rides at Disney World, which have been known to make my stomach empty.
The Thomas Heatherwick 'Spun Chair' Makes Sitting Dizzy
1. Interactive Seating - The Thomas Heatherwick 'Spun Chair' provides interactive seating, which could be adopted in the entertainment and hospitality industry for immersive experiences.
2. Playful Furniture - The Thomas Heatherwick Spun Chair represents the trend towards playful and imaginative furniture design, providing a new market for furniture manufacturers.
3. Kinetic Design - The Thomas Heatherwick Spun Chair is an example of kinetic design, which could disrupt the traditional furniture industry by providing new opportunities for designers.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The Thomas Heatherwick Spun Chair presents a new market opportunity for furniture manufacturers to create and sell similar playful and interactive furniture designs.
2. Entertainment Industry - The interactive nature of the Thomas Heatherwick Spun Chair presents an opportunity for the entertainment industry to incorporate similar experiences into their attractions.
3. Design Industry - The Thomas Heatherwick Spun Chair represents a potential disruption to the traditional furniture design industry and may require designers to adapt to kinetic furniture design.