The New School, a sustainable school being constructed in Sundby, Denmark, is the first school to receive a Nordic Ecolabel on account of its eco-friendly construction. The Ecolabel certifies the building as an environmentally conscious project considering a host of factors like energy consumption, indoor climate, chemical exposure, and integration of sustainable materials.
The New School, designed by architects from Henning Larsen, will have a wooden exterior and a publicly accessible walkable green roof that allows the building to unobtrusively blend into the natural landscape. The design features numerous spaces including gymnasiums, libraries, and music rooms alongside modular classrooms that can be rearranged and relocated to perform different functions. With its extensive facilities and resources, The New School will become a community cornerstone. The building is slated to open during the summer of 2022.
Image Credit: Dezeen
The New School in Denmark is the First to Receive a Nordic Ecolabel
1. Sustainable School Design - Opportunity for architectural firms to design eco-friendly buildings that meet environmental certifications.
2. Modular Classroom Design - Opportunity to design modular classrooms that can be rearranged and relocated to perform different functions.
3. Green Roof Design - Opportunity for designers and landscapers to create publicly accessible green roofs that blend into the natural landscape.
1. Architecture - Opportunity to design eco-friendly schools that meet environmental certifications and feature modular classrooms.
2. Education - Opportunity to promote sustainable and eco-friendly classroom design to reduce the environmental impact of schools.
3. Landscaping - Opportunity to design publicly accessible green roofs that promote sustainable and eco-friendly architecture.