Wonderland Beauty Parlor’s Michael Angelo has created 'The Lipstick Portraits,' which has to be one of the best awareness campaigns I've seen. Instead of using shock tactics through public service announcements or a guerrilla style campaign, Angelo has used fashion to shed light on a very serious issue.
Cambodian adolescent girls are often sold into prostitution and, according to Fashion Gone Rogue, each one is forced to wear red lipstick. In 'The Lipstick Portraits' different models and celebrities wear this symbolic cosmetic to protest the atrocities afflicted upon young girls. Be sure to check out the gallery for more images.
Michael Angelo's 'The Lipstick Portraits' Fight Adolescent Atrocities
1. Awareness Campaigns Through Fashion - Opportunity for businesses to create awareness campaigns by integrating fashion elements to shed light on serious issues.
2. Symbolic Cosmetics - Innovative use of cosmetics as symbols of protest or support for social causes, providing a platform for brands to align with a purpose.
3. Artistic Activism - Emerging trend of using art as a medium to raise awareness and provoke discussions on social issues.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry has an opportunity to leverage its influence to create impactful awareness campaigns.
2. Cosmetics - Cosmetics industry can explore innovative ways to use cosmetics as symbols of activism and support social causes.
3. Art - Art industry can embrace artistic activism as a means to create thought-provoking messages on social issues.