The Faberhaus Pavilion is a remarkable prefab cottage that has eco aspirations well beyond its deceptively versatile 376-square-foot floor plan.
With the amazing ability to provide sleeping accommodations for up to six people, the Faberhaus pavilion makes use of passive heating and ventilation and solar power to allow its occupants to live completely off-grid. The prefabricated $89,000 cabin can be set up on virtually any site without difficulty and is ready to be lived in right from the get-go.
Implications - Prefabricated cottages reflect a desire to get away from the hustle and bustle of urban life, but also a desire to have the same comfort and conveniences that exist at home.
The Faberhaus Pavilion is a Diminutive Prefabricated Cottage
1. Prefab Cottages - The trend of prefab cottages offers an opportunity for disruptive innovation in sustainable housing solutions.
2. Off-grid Living - The trend of off-grid living presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in eco-friendly technologies and renewable energy sources.
3. Versatile Floor Plans - The trend of versatile floor plans in small dwellings provides an opportunity for disruptive innovation in space-saving and multi-functional design solutions.
1. Homebuilding - The homebuilding industry can capitalize on the trend of prefab cottages by developing innovative manufacturing and assembly processes.
2. Renewable Energy - The renewable energy industry can leverage the trend of off-grid living by creating advanced solar power solutions and energy storage systems.
3. Interior Design - The interior design industry can embrace the trend of versatile floor plans by designing innovative furniture and storage solutions that maximize space.