Cryo-Cell International, Inc., an umbilical cord blood stem cell bank, is now promoting a new service called C'elle. It offers women the chance to store the stem cells found in their menstrual fluid. The collection process is done by the client in their own homes using a menstrual cup. It's then sent to Cryo-Cell's laboratory, where it's processed and stored for possible future use.
In the future, these cells could potentially be used to treat some of the leading health issues for women, including heart disease, stroke, diabetes, breast cancer and (yes, ladies) even skin rejuvenation. C'elle is definitely a welcomed discovery in something that usually so unwanted.
C'elle for Cryo-Cell
1. Menstrual Fluid Stem Cell Banking - The opportunity for companies to offer a new service that specialized in banking menstrual fluid stem cells in addition to umbilical cord stem cells.
2. Personal At-home Medical Collection Kits - A new trend for companies manufacturing the personal at-home medical collection kits that would simplify the process for collection of menstrual fluid for stem cell banking purposes.
3. Innovative Applications of Menstrual Fluid Stem Cells - The potential for disruptive innovation in the healthcare industry with the innovative applications of menstrual fluid stem cells to treat breast cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.
1. Stem Cell Banking - Stem cell banks could diversify their services by including menstrual fluid stem cell banking which offer the potential to develop new revenue streams.
2. Women's Healthcare - The opportunity for companies in women's healthcare such as genetics, fertility, and menstrual care to incorporate menstrual fluid stem cell banking into their offerings.
3. Anti-aging and Beauty - Disruptive innovation opportunities for companies in the beauty industry with the potential for developing anti-aging products using stem cells from menstrual fluid.