How many times have you been in your crowded city center, shoulder to shoulder, with people wishing you could just fly over them to get to your destination? I’ll bet every day, and it seems the people of Lyon, France may get a solution to this soon. The Carolyn Garcia Walkway Concept, the Centre d’Echanges de Perrache, literally bridges all of the major parts of the city together, making it effortless to get from one urban center to the other.
However, just a concept right now, the Carolyn Garcia Walkway Concept is a brilliant design that would really help break up the congestion of foot traffic. Since we can’t make the sidewalks any bigger, we have to start building vertical and Garcia’s design is the perfect idea.
The Carolyn Garcia Walkway Concept Definitely Stands Above the Crowd
1. Vertical Skywalks - The concept of building vertical skywalks is a disruptive innovation opportunity that can help ease congestion in crowded city centers.
2. Effortless Urban Connectivity - Creating walkways that connect major parts of a city together is a disruptive innovation opportunity that can provide seamless urban connectivity.
3. Breaking Foot Traffic Congestion - Developing walkway designs that break up foot traffic congestion is a disruptive innovation opportunity that can improve the flow of pedestrians in crowded areas.
1. Urban Planning - The urban planning industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities in building vertical skywalks to improve urban connectivity.
2. Architecture - The architecture industry can examine disruptive innovation opportunities in designing walkways that break up foot traffic congestion.
3. Transportation - The transportation industry has the potential to tap into disruptive innovation opportunities by creating walkways that offer effortless urban connectivity.