Photographer Horst Diekgerdes captures a range of beach-side knits for ‘The Big Chill’ in Elle magazine. The sunny and sandy winter-wear editorial appears in the December 2009 issue of the US magazine.
Stylist Camille Bidault-Waddington outfits red-tressed model Kate Somers in vibrant red knits and eclectic pieces from Tse, Dolce & Gabbana, Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony, Marni, Missoni, Acne, Lacoste, MaxMara, Prada and DKNY for ‘The Big Chill.’
Implications - Consumers are looking for more comfortable designs. Pieces that feature over extravagance without any type of wearability are not appealing to customers who look for more than just style. Companies trying to increase their appeal could focus on this when coming out with new items.
'The Big Chill' in Elle Magazine Shows Fun in the Winter Sun
1. Comfortable Designs - Opportunity for companies to create stylish and wearable pieces with a focus on comfort.
2. Functional Fashion - Opportunity to incorporate functionality into fashion design, offering practicality along with style.
3. Eclectic Pieces - Opportunity to cater to consumers' desire for unique and diverse fashion choices.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Opportunity for fashion brands to innovate in terms of design, materials, and comfort in order to meet consumers' needs.
2. Textile and Knitting - Opportunity in the textile industry to create new and innovative knitted fabrics and techniques for comfortable winter wear.
3. Retail and E-commerce - Opportunity for retailers and e-commerce platforms to curate and showcase diverse fashion choices to cater to consumers' eclectic tastes.