Before you commit to that permanent tattoo of your current infatuation, it might be a good idea to get a visual of what the tat will look like once you have it inked on your ass forever until you die or until you have it removed by laser surgery whichever happens first. Loic Zimmerman, a computer graphics artist, has come up with a program that can help people preview what the tattoo will look like beforehand.
The Tuvie.com Website says, "The program works by scanning all your body to capture body proportions to accurately depict a complex 2-D design on a body's 3-D canvas."
But another problem arises, as it's said on the website, "Even in a 3-D rendering, is that computer models don't age or wrinkle: little design details, lines in close proximityâ€“they all risk blurring into each other when the ink spreads as our bodies grow old."
1. 3-D Tattoo Previewing - The innovation opportunity here is to develop and improve the 3-D rendering technology to simulate and predict the aging effects of the tattoo over time and how it interacts with different skin textures.
2. Virtual Beauty Tools - This trend highlights a need for more virtual beauty tools and apps that aid people in making better choices about what they want to do to their bodies, including tattoos, piercings, and plastic surgery procedures.
3. Augmented Reality for Tattoos - The innovation opportunity here is to create an augmented reality platform that can project a tattoo design onto a person's skin in real-time to see how the tattoo would look like on a human body before inking it on.
1. Tattoo Industry - The tattoo industry can benefit by adopting the 3-D tattoo preview technology, which can increase the accuracy and customization of tattoo designs and attract more customers.
2. Fashion and Beauty Industry - This trend could be leveraged by the fashion and beauty industry to create more virtual beauty tools and apps that enable people to make better decisions about their body modifications, including tattoos, piercings, and plastic surgery procedures.
3. Technology Industry - The technology industry has an opportunity to create an augmented reality platform for tattoos, which can revolutionize how people choose and preview tattoos, as well as how tattoo artists create customized designs for their clients.