Styrofoam is usually reserved for the packaging industry, but the 'Tamable' chair identifies its ability to be used in a different way to help enhance comfort when it comes to furniture. The chair is manufactured by expandable polystyrene (EPS) that has been processed using a CNC machine in order to create its unexpected finish that looks like a radiator at first glance. The chair will thus change in shape immediately upon sitting and over time in order to make it a truly personalized option for consumers.
The 'Tamable' chair is the design work of Seoul-based designer Donghwan Song in collaboration with the Fountain Studio and could deliver impressive comfort for those who spend extended periods at a desk.
Image Credit: Behance/Donghwan Song/Fountain Studio
The 'Tamable' Chair Would Conform to the Body Perfectly
1. Styrofoam Redefined - Innovative uses for styrofoam beyond packaging, creating new industries.
2. Adaptive Furniture - Furniture designed to adapt to the user's body, offering personalized comfort.
3. CNC Machining for Furniture Production - Improved furniture production through the use of CNC machines for unique designs and functional pieces.
1. Furniture Industry - Opportunities for furniture manufacturers to develop adaptable, personalized furniture.
2. Packaging Industry - Potential for styrofoam manufacturers to expand into new industries with innovative applications.
3. Manufacturing Industry - Opportunities for manufacturers to invest in CNC machines for furniture production.