The RC9800i's brilliance lies in its grouping commands not by component, but rather by activity. This means that if you want to watch a DVD, you don't push separate buttons to turn on the TV, DVD player, and home theater, and then more buttons to make sure the various sources and inputs are in synchronized. Instead, you invoke a single Watch DVD command and the remote responds by sending the appropriate series of signals.This remote control gives you the opportunity to control everything on your home entertainment system so that you don't use different controls for every components of your system. Another cool innovation by Philips.
1. Activity-based Remote Controls - Opportunity to create a universal remote control that groups commands by activity instead of by component.
2. Simplified Home Entertainment - Opportunity to develop products that simplify home entertainment system controls and eliminate the need for multiple remotes.
3. Smart Home Control - Opportunity to incorporate activity-based remote control features into smart home systems.
1. Consumer Electronics - Opportunity to create innovative remote controls for home entertainment systems to improve user experience.
2. Smart Home Technology - Opportunity to integrate activity-based remote controls into smart home systems and provide customers with seamless control.
3. Home Automation - Opportunity to incorporate this innovative remote control technology into home automation systems for seamless control of multiple devices.