Crawling through the grass takes on new dimensions with the Pratone (Italian for ‘lawn’) lounge chair from Gruppo Strum of Turin, Italy. The lounger was designed to look like an oversized lawn patch. The painted polyurethane grass blades are flexible and soft enough to encourage users to experiment with comfortable positions, though not what I would consider particularly environmentally sensitive.
The concept, intended as an allegory for nature, grew out of the 1960’s hippie protest against a glutted consumer society. The $14K price tag indicates that the temptations of the bourgeois society outdistanced the call of the wild.
Get Lost in A Larger Than Life Lawn Lounger
1. Oversized Furniture - Opportunity for creating larger-than-life furniture pieces that offer a unique and immersive experience.
2. Nature-inspired Design - Innovative designs that draw inspiration from nature, creating a connection with the environment.
3. Sustainable Materials - Demand for furniture made from eco-friendly and recyclable materials to align with environmental consciousness.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Potential for manufacturers to explore the production of oversized furniture pieces to cater to consumers looking for unconventional designs.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to incorporate nature-inspired designs and elements into their projects, creating unique and captivating spaces.
3. Eco-friendly Products - Growing market for sustainable furniture materials, allowing eco-friendly manufacturers to meet the demand for environmentally conscious consumers.