Woodloops is a German design company that specializes in sustainable wood furniture, like the bookcase and stools/tables shown above. Woodloops is a member of the German Forest Stewardship Council, and founders RenÃ© Mueller and Nina Griesshammer design their furniture so as to showcase the natural beauty of the raw wood pieces they select.
The Woodloops wood furniture in this gallery appeared as a part of TENT London during the 2008 London Design Festival.
Implications - Consumer purchases are now being influenced by whether or not the product has a positive or negative effect on the planet. Corporations looking to cater to environmentally conscious individuals may consider upcycled textiles in the manufacturing of their wares.
The Woodloops FSC-Certified Bookshelf
1. Sustainable Wood Furniture - Opportunity for businesses to tap into the growing demand for eco-friendly furniture by offering sustainable wood furniture options.
2. German Forest Stewardship Council - Opportunity for businesses to align with sustainability efforts by becoming a member of forest stewardship councils and promoting responsible wood sourcing.
3. Showcasing Natural Beauty - Opportunity for businesses to highlight the raw and natural beauty of wood in their furniture designs.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunity for furniture manufacturers to incorporate sustainable wood materials and appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior design professionals to incorporate sustainable wood furniture into their projects and promote eco-friendly design.
3. Sustainable Home Decor - Opportunity for businesses to offer a range of sustainable wood decor items, including furniture, to meet the growing demand for eco-friendly home products.