British biannual publication .Cent Magazine leaves the poor model hanging high and dry in this intense editorial from their Spring/Summer 2009 issue.
Photographer Manuel Vason captured a model wearing a full body suit (including her head) tied up and suspended in the air.
The kinky editorial brings the focus on the shoes and accessories since the model is just like a naked mannequin.
Faceless models are becoming a regular presence in fashion editorials and shows, thanks to fashion designer Maison Martin Margiela. See more below.
.Cent Magazine's Torturous Spread
1. Faceless Modeling - Possible disruptive innovation opportunity lies in developing advanced facial recognition technology to simulate faceless mannequins with customizable attributes.
2. Suspension Photography - Possible disruptive innovation opportunity lies in leveraging drone and cable-suspended cameras for unique angles, shots, and styles.
3. Focus on Accessories - Possible disruptive innovation opportunity lies in developing smart accessories that can interact and communicate with various fashion articles.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can incorporate faceless models and suspended photography to create unique and innovative campaigns.
2. Photography - Photographers can leverage suspension techniques to create unique and gravity-defying shots.
3. Technology - Technology companies can develop unique accessories that can communicate and interact with fashion articles in a smart and integrated way.