I adore this recording of 'Cry Me a River' by Susan Boyle for so many reasons. For a start, you would never in a million years put this sexy sultry voice to the face of the singer. I think this amazing recording also shows how clever Simon Cowell is. For years Susan, with this very angelic voice, was a loser in talent contests and was was overlooked time and time again. Why? Well, clearly the image was not right. Simon saw her and saw pound signs... and the world agreed with him, clearly…
Susan Boyle's appeal lies much in the fact that she looks like an ordinary woman, and is not a young, fit, fashionable stunner like most successful singers today.
Susan Boyle's Ordinary Looks Bolster Her Stunning Voice
1. Authenticity-in-beauty - Opportunity to tap into the growing demand for real, relatable beauty by showcasing ordinary looks and embracing imperfections.
2. Unexpected-talent - Disruptive innovation potential in recognizing and promoting talented individuals who defy traditional expectations based on appearance.
3. Image-vs-voice - Exploration of the tension between physical appearance and vocal talent, highlighting the value of prioritizing skill over looks.
1. Beauty-and-cosmetics - Innovative opportunities in creating inclusive beauty campaigns that celebrate diverse looks and challenge traditional beauty standards.
2. Entertainment - Potential for shaking up the entertainment industry by discovering and promoting talent based solely on skill, regardless of appearance.
3. Music - New avenues for redefining success in the music industry by valuing raw talent and vocal abilities over conventional beauty standards.