Gaby Herbstein in an Argentinian photographer whose work spans 17 years.
Herbstein, who is a very prestigious and much sought after photographer in the fashion industry, has also done work for such powerhouse brands such as L´Oreal, Garnier, Procter & Gamble, Sony, Canada Dry and Telcel.
Herbstein has also exhibited her work at the world famous Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC, but the images Trend Hunter is introducing today are the result of an ad campaign the photographer did for Fashion TV as well as Herbstein’s personal projects.
The images are a mixture of her works, but the majority of the photos come from a personal project called Aves Del Paraiso or Birds of Paradise where the serene and pensive birds who are all women, live in a paradise of light judging, by the heavy use of white.
Gaby Herbstein's Aves Del Paraiso
1. Surreal Fashion Photography - The integration of surreal elements in fashion photography creates unique and eye-catching visuals which can help brands stand out in a crowded industry.
2. Gender-blurring Imagery - Pushing gender boundaries in fashion imagery through the use of female birds exhibiting serene and pensive qualities in a paradise-like environment can create thought-provoking content that resonates with modern audiences.
3. Personal Projects as Brand Opportunities - Herbstein's Aves Del Paraiso project showcases opportunities for photographers to create compelling personal projects that can also double as marketing material and brand partnerships.
1. Fashion Photography - Surreal fashion photography can help brands in the fashion and beauty industries to establish a unique and visually stimulating brand identity.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Gender-blurring imagery in marketing and advertising can open exciting opportunities for businesses to tap into progressive values which increasingly appeal to modern consumers.
3. Fine Art Photography - The success of Herbstein's Aves Del Paraiso as a personal project turned commercial campaign demonstrates potential for photographers to create personal artistic projects that can drive business opportunities.