Many individuals—young and old—want to support the Black Lives Matter movement, for it stands for justice and the abolition of systemic racism that has plagued the human race since the conception of civilization. Although the intensity of the movement seems to be subsiding on social media, in particular, some activists are creating accessible digital resources that motivate people to assess their privilege and continue to support Black Lives Matter by listening, learning, and illuminating Black voices.
Online community The Conversationalist has created 'Take Action' for this occasion. It is an augmented reality filter quiz "that allows users to discuss how they can enact positive change." The social media filter prompts users to tag their favorite Black creators and activists, as well as to answer questions like "are you registered to vote?"
Image Credit: Shutterstock
The Conversationalist Launch an AR Filter to Support Black Lives Matter
1. BLM AR Filters - The creation of AR filters promoting social justice and activism presents an opportunity for tech companies to use their platform for good.
2. Digital Resources for Social Activism - Developing educational digital resources is a trend that can help provide accessible and engaging ways to promote social justice.
3. Audience Participation - Encouraging audience participation through interactive filters is a trend that brings attention to social issues and highlights the importance of collective action.
1. Social Media - Social media giants can use their platforms to promote social justice and activism by providing accessible digital resources and hosting interactive filters.
2. Tech - Tech companies can use their resources to create innovative solutions such as AR filters and educational resources that promote social activism.
3. Education - The creation of educational digital resources and AR filters creates an opportunity for the education industry to develop engaging and accessible curriculum that supports social justice and activism.