For those who haven't taken the plunge and placed a super slim PS3 in their living rooms, Sony is betting that having a blue or red option just might make one an integral part of your entertainment system.
The crimson red and midnight blue versions of the ubiquitously popular game console will only be available in Japan in "limited quantities," because Japan gets all the cool tech stuff. There's no word on a North American or European release right now.
The new versions of the super slim PS3, the latest in a long line of redesigns for the console, will retail for 24,980 JPY, which is about $278 USD. The colorful choices will come packed with a 250 GB hard drive and will also come with a controller whose color matches the console itself.
Sony to Release Red and Blue Versions of Super Slim PS3
1. Custom Colored Consoles - An opportunity for companies to offer customizable console options in different colors to appeal to consumer preferences.
2. Limited Edition Releases - Creating limited edition versions of popular gaming consoles can generate excitement and drive sales among dedicated fans.
3. Color-matching Accessories - Opportunity for companies to offer accessory options that match the color of the console, providing a cohesive and visually appealing gaming setup.
1. Gaming Consoles - The gaming console industry can benefit from offering customized options and limited edition releases to attract consumers.
2. Consumer Electronics - Opportunity for companies in the consumer electronics industry to capitalize on the trend of offering customizable and visually appealing entertainment devices.
3. Gaming Accessories - The gaming accessories industry can create color-matching accessories that complement the design of customized consoles, providing a complete gaming experience.