Here are some pretty petals with a twist.
These beautiful sculptural figurines are called ‘Flower Monsters’ and are created by Danish photographer Rebekka Ehlers. They simply took my breath away. I love lilies and orchids, but these shapes and color combination are truly amazing.
Who doesn’t love flowers? They are the frailest beings of nature and their beauty is said to remind humans of our own beauty and put us in connection with the natural world. What ever the explanations are, we have always been enthralled by flowers.
What I really love about these decorations is the play with ugliness and monster shapes. With names like Mr. Brains, Orange Devil and boxer dragon you are clearly supposed to be scared, which makes them even more fun and cute - but not scary. I would like one of these framed on my wall.
Danish Art Flower Photography
1. Sculptural Flower Figurines - Opportunity for artists and designers to create unique sculptural flower figurines that incorporate whimsical or monstrous elements.
2. Playful Ugliness - Potential for products or designs that intentionally combine elements of ugliness and cuteness, creating a unique and captivating aesthetic.
3. Nature-inspired Decorations - Opportunity for home decor industries to explore nature-inspired designs with a twist, such as flower decorations with monstrous or whimsical elements.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity for artists and designers to create unconventional and unique flower-inspired artwork or sculptures.
2. Home Decor - Potential for home decor companies to introduce whimsical and monstrous flower-themed decorations that add a playful and unique touch to living spaces.
3. Photography - Opportunity for photographers to experiment with unconventional flower photography techniques, incorporating elements of whimsy and playfulness.